Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Victor Bjørholm 58 posts 180 karma points
    Jul 27, 2020 @ 08:36
    Victor Bjørholm

Umbraco must be set up every time new code gets published

When I am running my site on localhost using IIS and Visual Studio, I can save changes in VS and reload the page in firefox and all the changes have appeared. However if I publish it to our Azure server, I need to setup the Umbraco server once again, and install all of our packages. I believe this is due to a lack of connection string when I need to publish it, but if I use the connection string used from my localhost, it does not work, even though it is the same SQL server. Any suggestions?

• Chris Evans 137 posts 353 karma points c-trib
    Jul 28, 2020 @ 05:13
    Chris Evans

What method are you using when publishing to Azure?

If you are using Azure DevOps with web.config transforms you should be able to do this without requiring any extra setup or package installation steps.

You'd also be able to trigger CI/CD builds and releases when committing code to your relevant branches in your source code repository.

DevOps is free for teams of 5 devs or less and it's absolutely amazing what you can do with it, and how it improves the build and release process.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/devops/

• Victor Bjørholm 58 posts 180 karma points
    Jul 28, 2020 @ 08:23
    Victor Bjørholm

I am using DevOps, and except for this issue, it seems to be working great for the team and I. Maybe I am using the wrong connectionstring, I dont know if it needs to be altered any more from what we used with the local host

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft