Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Petr 14 posts 44 karma points
    Jul 27, 2020 @ 20:09
    Petr

Searching from the backoffice as well as from the code (if Umbraco is runnig from Visual Studio) crashes with the following error:

Method not found: 'Void Lucene.Net.Search.Query.ExtractTerms(System.Collections.Generic.ISet`1<Lucene.Net.Index.Term>)'.

Exception Details
    System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Lucene.Net.Search.Query.ExtractTerms(System.Collections.Generic.ISet`1<Lucene.Net.Index.Term>)'.
    Stacktrace
       at Examine.LuceneEngine.LuceneSearchResults.DoSearch(Query query, IEnumerable`1 sortField, Int32 maxResults)
       at Examine.LuceneEngine.Search.LuceneSearchQuery.Search(Int32 maxResults) in C:\projects\examine-qvx04\src\Examine\LuceneEngine\Search\LuceneSearchQuery.cs:line 159
       at Examine.LuceneEngine.Search.LuceneBooleanOperation.Execute(Int32 maxResults) in C:\projects\examine-qvx04\src\Examine\LuceneEngine\Search\LuceneBooleanOperation.cs:line 46

Absolutely incomprehensibly the same published (from Visual Studio) on hosting works. Last update of everything.

It was probably my mistake in referring to Lucene. Currently, this does not end at error, but the searching does not work (no results). Correct referencing Examine and Umbraco.Examine helped. However, the index is apparently not created. I found that in version 7, its creation started by default at startup. What probably doesn't work.

• David Armitage 505 posts 2073 karma points
    Aug 01, 2020 @ 03:00
    David Armitage

Hi Petr,

Can you explain in more detail what you mean here? It was probably my mistake in referring to Lucene.

I am wondering if you have tried to configure lucene in some kind of way. Generally this all works out of the box and I have never encountered problems with using it inside visual studio.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft