Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Boyan Petrov 1 post 71 karma points
    Jul 29, 2020 @ 15:49
    Boyan Petrov

Moving Umbraco Local Project to another machine

Hi, Can someone please explain me the process of moving an Umbraco local project to another pc?

I've copied the folder to the new pc, I've created a backup file of my database so I can restore it on the new machine and I just can figure out what's the next step.

I get this error: enter image description here

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jul 29, 2020 @ 18:15
    Marc Goodson

Hi Boyan

Several things could be awry here, but it's literally what the error message says, the details in the connection string in the web.config of your Umbraco application, can't successfully be used to connect to the database in it's new location.

Usually this will be because the login name in the connection string, is created for the server, rather than the database, and so if you've restored your db to a new server, the account will be 'orphaned',,,

https://medium.com/geopits/identify-and-fix-the-orphaned-users-in-sql-server-536e750e798e

or you could create a new login on the new server and grant access to the Umbraco database, and use this in the connection string...

If you are still having problems try to connect using Sql enterprise manager to the database using the credentials from the web.config... may give more information as to why the connection isn't being made.

regards

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft