Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• juanga16 4 posts 44 karma points
    Jul 29, 2020 @ 18:31
    juanga16

No basket exists for the current user

I just created an MVC Empty site, then installed Umbraco package , then configured Umbraco and then installed Ucommerce package.

In my controller method I want to run this:

transactionLibrary.AddToBasket(quantity: 2, sku: "100-000-001", variantSku: "001");

var amount = transactionLibrary.GetBasket().OrderTotal;

But in the last line I'm getting the error: No basket exists for the current user

System.ArgumentNullException HResult=0x80004003 Message=Value cannot be null. Parameter name: No basket exists for the current user.

Thanks in advance

• David Armitage 505 posts 2073 karma points
    Aug 01, 2020 @ 03:13
    David Armitage

Hi Junanga,

Did you follow the documentation here? https://docs.ucommerce.net/ucommerce/v9.2/getting-started/transaction-foundation/basket.html

var currentProduct = Ucommerce.Infrastructure.ObjectFactory.Instance.Resolve<Ucommerce.Api.ICatalogContext>().CurrentProduct;

var transactionLibrary = Ucommerce.Infrastructure.ObjectFactory.Instance.Resolve<Ucommerce.Api.ITransactionLibrary>();

transactionLibrary.AddToBasket(quantity: 1, currentProduct.Sku);

If you are still having the problem do you think you could upload a little more of your code so we can help debug it.

Regards

David

• David Armitage 505 posts 2073 karma points
    Aug 01, 2020 @ 03:14
    David Armitage

Also does that Sku and the variant exist?

• juanga16 4 posts 44 karma points
    Aug 03, 2020 @ 12:47
    juanga16

Hi David, I believe I finally could solve the issue. I just built an empty Web project, then I added Umbraco package and then Ucommerce package. Because I'm learning the API and I want to build from the scratch.

To avoid the aforementioned error I set my current catalog in the context:

// Setting Catalog

var catalogId = new Guid("704F3A60-0C46-4071-BC73-7A6D4943A895");

var catalog = CatalogLibrary.GetCatalog(catalogId);

CatalogContext.CurrentCatalog = catalog;

By setting up the current catalog then I can create the basket, add products and get the total with not problems.

So in my future implementation the first thing I have to do is to set the current catalog in the contetxt.

Thanks and regards

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft