Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steve Crook 26 posts 158 karma points
    Aug 04, 2020 @ 04:55
    Steve Crook

Redirect URLs in multi-language site

I'm running a site with multiple languages, where a page may have the same URL for multiple languages (after the language code). For example:

• English: /page-name
    • German: /de-de/page-name
    • Italian: /it-it/page-name

If the name of this page is changed, there will be a redirect added for each language, each stored as a row in the umbracoRedirectUrl table. All will have the same url and the cultures will be different.

Now when I go to the old URL (/page-name), this code in ContentFinderByRedirectUrl will execute to try to redirect me to the new URL:

public bool TryFindContent(PublishedRequest frequest)
        {
                var route = frequest.HasDomain
                        ? frequest.Domain.ContentId + DomainUtilities.PathRelativeToDomain(frequest.Domain.Uri, frequest.Uri.GetAbsolutePathDecoded())
                        : frequest.Uri.GetAbsolutePathDecoded();

var redirectUrl = _redirectUrlService.GetMostRecentRedirectUrl(route);

if (redirectUrl == null)
                {
                        _logger.Debug<ContentFinderByRedirectUrl>("No match for route: {Route}", route);
                        return false;
                }

var content = frequest.UmbracoContext.Content.GetById(redirectUrl.ContentId);
                var url = content == null ? "#" : content.Url(redirectUrl.Culture);
    }

This seems to be getting the most recently added redirect url for the path, without looking at the culture in the request. This could be the redirect url for any culture, because they were all added at the same time and they all have the same url - they only vary by culture.

The last line above then uses redirectUrl.Culture to get the final url. Shouldn't this be using frequest.Culture.ToString() instead?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft