Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel 14 posts 104 karma points
    Aug 10, 2020 @ 13:35
    Daniel

Hi Community.

I have a site, where I have a slider that consist of images, and links. I want my content editors to add any numbers of images and links.

My idea is that they could use the "Multi Media Picker" to add the images, but then where goes the links? I would really like to extend the Multi Media Picker" to have an extra field (text string) when you add an image.

I found the documentation for Creating a Property editor but it seems as bit to much for this. Is there any other way to extend and create my own Custom Editor?

I'm fairly new to Umbraco, but do have experience in coding, using Umbraco v8.

Thanks a lot!

• Marc Goodson 2148 posts 14352 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Aug 10, 2020 @ 19:46
    Marc Goodson

Hi Daniel

Rather than extending the Multiple Media Picker, I'm wondering if this is a good opportunity to use a Nested Content property editor?

If you create a new 'Document Type Without Template' called 'Slide', and create a two properties on it called Image - a SingleMediaPicker, and Link - a Single Link Picker, and Caption - a text field.

then create a new DataType using a NestedContent property editor, you can then pick this 'Slide' as the template for each of the Nested Content items...

Then add your new Nested Data Type to the Document Type for the page the slider appears on.

Now editors can add multiple 'slides', picking the image and link and specifying text for each slide.

More info here:

https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Getting-Started/Backoffice/Property-Editors/Built-in-Property-Editors/Nested-Content/

regards

Marc

• Daniel 14 posts 104 karma points
    Aug 10, 2020 @ 20:08
    Daniel

Thanks!

This was exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you very much!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft