Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nathan Reece 62 posts 376 karma points
    Aug 13, 2020 @ 04:01
    Nathan Reece

How do i set up a Multi Lingual site in Umbraco 7

Hi i'm working for a client who has expanded her business to another country, Now she is asking me if i can set up the site in another language so users in both country's shes operating in can use the site with no issues.

Is there a good way to do this?

TIA

• David Armitage 504 posts 2072 karma points
    Aug 13, 2020 @ 04:07
    David Armitage

Hi Nathan,

Is there now way you can move your client on to Umbraco 8?

If I was you I would try and lean them towards a rebuild of their current website in Umbraco 8. As long as the website is not too big that is.

The reason is one of the biggest improvements of Umbraco 8 is how great it is to create multi lingual sites.

There is a new featured called Language Variants. https://umbraco.com/blog/umbraco-8-language-variants/

It works so well and makes managing multi language sites so easy.

If its not too much of a big job I would defo recommend trying to rebuild in Umbraco 8. There is no upgrade path unfortunately so it would be a re-build.

Regards

David

Aug 13, 2020 @ 04:16
    Nathan Reece

Thanks Dave,

Actually the client did say she wanted a revamp so this may be a good time to upgrade the site,

I've had a quick look through the documentation and the language variants look awesome, Hope fully should make my job a little easier.

• David Armitage 504 posts 2072 karma points
    Aug 13, 2020 @ 04:32
    David Armitage

Hi Nathan,

Sounds like that's the best way forward. If you do get stuck with Umbraco 7 this link might help you.

https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Tutorials/Multilanguage-Setup/index-v7

Regards

David

Aug 13, 2020 @ 04:33
    Nathan Reece

Thanks Dave,

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft