Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nathan Reece 62 posts 376 karma points
    Aug 21, 2020 @ 04:06
    Nathan Reece

View all properties in a doc type Visual Studio Umbarco 8

Hi guys,

I'm Creating my view template using VS Studio and some of my properties I have added to my Doc-Type don't seem to be showing.

Does anyone know a way I can view what properties my Doc-type has in VS Studio, I know they are in the back office but i want to be able to view/reference.

• David Armitage 505 posts 2073 karma points
    Aug 21, 2020 @ 04:12
    David Armitage

Hi Nathan,

I am not sure I understand your question 100% so taking a bit of a guess here.

First off if you are using Visual Studios and properties are not showing then you can see whats going on better by creating a break point in your razor script (page) and use the quick watch tool.

Can can analyse what's in the @Model property.

Generally page models and of type IPublishedContent so it might not be obviously where your properties are. If you look inside @Model then in properties you will probably see what you are looking for in there.

A tip....

If you are wanting to see what properties are in your models through intellisense then you need to start looking at Umbraco models builder.

https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/reference/templating/modelsbuilder/

Umbraco models build allows you to export all your models (doc types) as dlls so you can then reference this using intellisense.

Hope this helps.

Regards

David

Aug 21, 2020 @ 04:14
    Nathan Reece

Thanks Dave,

I'll give that a try now.

Aug 21, 2020 @ 04:21
    Nathan Reece

Hey Dave,

That was just what i was looking for thank you :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft