Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simeon Ostberg 123 posts 389 karma points
    Aug 28, 2020 @ 09:16
    Simeon Ostberg

How to embed page into iFrame?

Hi everyone,

I would like to embed an Umbraco site into an iFrame, but the Umbraco page is blocking being embedded. What could I do to make it work? Both are Umbraco sites in the same installation, but with different domains.

Best, Simeon

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Aug 28, 2020 @ 14:38
    Steve Morgan

Hi,

Look up the X-Frame-Options - you put this in your web.config (of the serving site).

<httpProtocol>
    <customHeaders>
      <add name="X-Frame-Options" value="ALLOW-FROM https://domain.com" />
    </customHeaders>

Aug 28, 2020 @ 15:26
    Simeon Ostberg

Hi!

Is this still working? I thought ALLOW-FROM is deprecated, and ignored by latest browsers.

Aug 28, 2020 @ 16:56
    Steve Morgan

So it is.

Could you do something server side - call the page on site a, scrape the html and render it on your site b? Heavily caching of course.

EDIT: - just noticed this is on the same installation... should be really easy just to get the content!?

Aug 31, 2020 @ 07:38
    Simeon Ostberg

Hi Steve,

Sorry, I don't understand your first sentence.

Yes, it's the same installation, but only the content wouldn't work (without a heavy load of work), as this are 2 different sites with 2 completely different templates incl. CSS.

Sep 01, 2020 @ 07:32
    Steve Morgan

Hi,

If all you need to do is render some content from the other site you're going to find it easiest to just to "get" the content via a query within the View or a partial view.

@{
        Layout = "Master.cshtml";

var siteANewsRoot = Umbraco.Content(Guid.Parse("ca4249ed-2b23-4337-b522-63cabe5587d1")); // put the node id of Site A News folder here

var newsArticlesFromSiteA = siteANewsRoot.Descendants<NewsPage>().Where(x => x.ContentType.Alias == "newsPage");

@foreach(var curNewsArticle in newsArticlesFromSiteA)
        {
            <p>@curNewsArticle.Name</p>
        }
    }

This would obviously give you a raw access to the content data without the html and css.

What exactly are you trying to achieve though?

Sep 01, 2020 @ 08:50
    Simeon Ostberg

Hi Steve,

I would like to use this page element: https://www.soundtrackcologne.de/en/archive/soundtrack_cologne-16/congress-program/?mainbody=1 (Not the PDF link) in another site: https://www.soundtrackzurich.com/

I don't have an schedule element in the template we used for soundtrackzurich.com (by the time I built this site, this was not necessary).

And I would like to avoid creating this element in the new template.

Sep 01, 2020 @ 09:55
    Steve Morgan

Hi,

Seems to me your choices are to either scrape the html and re-render it trying to strip the header and and footer whilst bringing in the css and js but not having it conflict with your other site. OR: just create a new partial view, copy the markup logic from your other site and just bring in the necessary css and js to your site b manually.

Forgive my ignorance but it looks like a trivial job to just do the partial view that generates this element - what work are you trying to avoid exactly?

Steve

Sep 09, 2020 @ 14:36
    Simeon Ostberg

Hi Steve,

Please excuse my late reply! I will try to recreate the partial and not use embedding. I thought it would be easier, but obviously it's not...

Thanks! Simeon

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft