Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Søren Tidmand 129 posts 366 karma points
    Aug 31, 2020 @ 20:13
    Søren Tidmand

Version string portion was too short or too long

Hi, has anyone ever experienced this error message suddenly appearing on a Umbraco 7.15 site? enter image description here It's really weird because the site is running without errors locally connected to the same SQL database as the live site, but on the live host the error turns up even when trying to log in to Umbraco backend. The site is running 7.15.6. Any suggestions? Thanks, Søren

Aug 31, 2020 @ 20:52
    Søren Tidmand

Just a quick follow-up on my own question. I solved the issue by removing the plugin Event Calendar which seems to have been the reason for the error - even if the plugin was updated to last version.

• Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    Sep 21, 2020 @ 00:55
    Chris Mahoney

I'm randomly getting the same thing (also EventCalendar). It was fine last week and is failing today. I see from the logs that three updates were installed on Thursday night, with KB4576479 being .Net-related. Do you happen to know whether that update was installed on your server when yours started failing?

The other updates installed that night were KB4577015 and KB4576750.

Sep 21, 2020 @ 07:46
    Søren Tidmand

Hi Chris. Unfortunately I don't know if any of the mentioned updates were og weren't applied to the server, so I can't help you with that. You might have better luck getting in contact with the guy behind EventCalendarm, David Brendel. Good luck. /Søren

Sep 23, 2020 @ 22:58
    Chris Mahoney

Thanks for the tip. This is only happening on our test server so it's gone onto the back burner at this stage, but good to have a contact if I can't figure it out.

I didn't actually develop this particular site, which doesn't help...

Mar 23, 2021 @ 00:36
    Chris Mahoney

This finally came off the back-burner again. I redeployed a copy of the live site onto the test server... and it worked fine. We shall never know what caused this one!

• Cedric 1 post 71 karma points
    Mar 23, 2021 @ 07:50
    Cedric

The issue is caused by the fact that GitEx tried to determine the Gerrit version, to be able to list the correct publish modes for that server (draft vs private+wip), but it does not have all the info available. So, it will make a request to the Gerrit server to ask for the version, but it does not have neither the protocol (http vs https) nor the port (there a 2 ports Gerrit UI and git "repo" port), as these are not available to git. And regardless of the success of this request it will try to parse the version it thinks it has (error message is caused by parsing an empty string as a version).

GarageBand

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft