Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tara Pattenden 44 posts 205 karma points
    Sep 01, 2020 @ 01:52
    Tara Pattenden

Beginner question - No umbraco document matches the url - thanks

Hi I am new to Umbraco, I have been brought on to add a new template to a site. I have created a doc type and template and content node using the doc type and template but when I try to view this page (for now I'm just copying the tempate of a different doc type) I get the following error No umbraco document matches the url '/error.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/2268.aspx Can someone advise how to go about trouble shooting this? Thanks

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Sep 01, 2020 @ 07:41
    Steve Morgan

Hi Tara,

Welcome to Umbraco.

That sounds like an error is being thrown in the view and you have a custom error page set up so it's redirecting you to the error page. I take it you have a "proper" url from the content node / page you've created (you can view it on the properties tab).

The quickest thing to do will be to check the error logs. If you have access to the server they are in /App_data/Logs - just look for the most recent file and view the last entry after you've attempted to load the page.

You've posted you're running V7 Umbraco - is that right? If you are on v8 you can view the logs in the backoffice via Settings -> Log viewer. On V7 you might find a package called God Mode installed under developer -> God mode too but that's not always there.

HTH

Steve

• Tara Pattenden 44 posts 205 karma points
    Sep 01, 2020 @ 22:57
    Tara Pattenden

Hi thanks for your reply. I think I had an issue with the content in the page ( I was copying it from another page) It works if I remove all content. So there must have been an error in what I have copied.

Good to know about the error logs etc. I'm a bit over my head here. I was told this was a wordpress theme dev job and now it's suddenly umbraco and i really am struggling to understand everything.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft