Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Silvija 58 posts 172 karma points
    Sep 01, 2020 @ 10:19
    Silvija

Hi all,

I had a UMB 8.5.1 which I updated to version 8.5.5. This update was fine. When I upgraded from 8.5.5 to 8.6.0, it failed.

The Upgrading screen says 'Detected current version 8.6.0 (5b1e0d93), which needs to be upgraded to 8.6.0 (2ab29964)'.

All solutions here require some actions on database, is there any other way to fix it?

• Dee 118 posts 338 karma points
    Sep 01, 2020 @ 18:35
    Dee

Hey Silvija,

I had similiar issues upgrading Umbraco to minor versions.

In my cases, it always helped to delete the dll files (Umbraco.Core, etc.) from the bin directory of the web application and replace them with the correct ones.

You find the correct dlls in the download zip-file of the release: https://our.umbraco.com/download/releases/860

I hope it helps

Sep 02, 2020 @ 01:15
    Silvija

Hi Dee,

I tried your solution but nothing changed, at the end i changed permissions for database owner and everything went smooth.

BR

Sep 02, 2020 @ 12:06
    Silvija

Hi naphong,

I dont have version 8.6 anymore, I upgraded al my applications to the latest version. You can check your log files and see if there is any message or you can upgrade it to the latest version and maybe problem will go away.

BR

• mohd iliyaj 8 posts 77 karma points
    Nov 21, 2023 @ 10:22
    mohd iliyaj

Hello Silvija,

Can you provide me the steps that you followed to upgrade from 8.5.5 to 8.6.0, Because I doing this process, If you provide me it might be helpfully to me.

Thank you,
    Ilyaj

• Danine Noble 75 posts 330 karma points
    Nov 27, 2023 @ 17:08
    Danine Noble

If the DB Role permissions was the trouble as indicated, you can find the DB Role Requirements in the Umbraco Documentation.

You would need to access your database and check the role permissions that your Umbraco instance is using and make sure it has at least the minimum requirements. The documentation specifically calls out the 'db_ddladmin' role as required for upgrades if the account doesn't just have full access.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft