Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Adam Hutchinson 5 posts 95 karma points
    Sep 03, 2020 @ 08:50
    Adam Hutchinson

As the title states, I have got a website with quite a large checkbox list, currently sitting at 28 items, each with quite long labels. I'm getting the following error when someone picks upwards of 23-24 items.

String or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated.

I believe that it's because when saving to the database the data is too long. Is there any way around this without manually going into the Database and manually updating the content type? If possible I would rather not do this as this site is setup on a few different environments for different clients of ours. I have not used any plugins and the data type is the generic checkbox list from the Umbraco CMS.

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Sep 03, 2020 @ 09:15
    Nik

Hi Adam,

Erm, I don't think that it is possible to be honest. It will be hitting the database column size limit on the column that is used to store that data. Off the top of my head, I don't think there are many options but personally I've be looking to see if the Check box list is the right input for a control like that.

If you are certain that is what you want to be using, then it's going to be a case of manually editing the database schema on your environments to allow it.

Nik

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft