Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lukaz 44 posts 202 karma points
    Sep 11, 2020 @ 11:04
    Lukaz

Umbraco 8 on Contabo VPS

Hi, just wanted to know if there is anyone using Contabo VPS hosting (Europe) services with umbraco and what are your expiriences?

Contabo VPS Hosting

Kind regards, Lukaz

• Josip 195 posts 662 karma points c-trib
    Sep 11, 2020 @ 11:41
    Josip

Hi Lukaz.

Yes, I have 2 websites hosted on their VPS server, what exactly do you want to know?

• Yakov Lebski 539 posts 2101 karma points
    Sep 11, 2020 @ 16:16
    Yakov Lebski

I'm using it - works pretty well

• Lukaz 44 posts 202 karma points
    Sep 17, 2020 @ 08:06
    Lukaz

Hi all,

basically I'm considering using it to migrate up to 4-6 sites to VPS and use MSSQL Express. The question is how to handle users e-mails accounts as they were using mail service with their shared hosting.

Migrate them to use Microsoft Exchange Mail service, or what are other options?

Do you have your databases on the same vps as umbraco websites or separate?

How about Let's Encrypt SSL certificates and Certify SSL Manager app, does it works well?

And how do you do backups?

• Yakov Lebski 539 posts 2101 karma points
    Sep 17, 2020 @ 18:28
    Yakov Lebski

I use the same machine for sql and IIS.

Let's Encrypt SSL works with any issues for me. Backups - I use extarnal backup for application and DB and snapshoot for servers.

• Josip 195 posts 662 karma points c-trib
    Sep 17, 2020 @ 18:36
    Josip

I am also using the same machine for sql and IIS, right now I use contabo backup servers but I would like to know how @Yakov is using external backups as I was thinking about to do that.

About the emails I am not sure that I understund the question and I dont have expirience with Exchange but I am handling emails on same way as I do on my other shared servers.

One thing I would like to point out is that servers needed aditional configuration. First we paid for Contabo server managment but that wasnt worked well so we took another person to check and configure the server and he found a lot missconfigured stuffs.

• John Palmer 76 posts 201 karma points
    Sep 22, 2020 @ 06:00
    John Palmer

Hi Lukaz,

Contabo should be support Umbraco on their platform. Honestly, I never tried their services previously, but it seems they have good plan and features. Another recommendation for you in Europe that you can try is Hostforlife.eu. They also fully compatible with Umbraco.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft