Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Patrick van Kemenade 101 posts 339 karma points
    Sep 11, 2020 @ 13:03
    Patrick van Kemenade

cmsContentXml missing in Umbraco 8, how to create/regenerate this ? Do I need it ?

Hello All,

I see that in my Umbraco 8 database I no longer have the cmsContentXml table.

So seems this table is replaced by something else.

However, when I move content in my content tree I get an error that it can't access the cmsContentXml which makes sense because I don't have it.

I can't copy it from an Umbraco 7 database because the foreign key constraints point to tables that don't exist in Umbraco 8.

If a create a dummy cmsContentXml with just an ID field and try to do the Move action in Umbraco 8 I get a different error (doesn't find a column).

So it does seem that Umbraco 8 still uses table in some cases, although it doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Does this make sense to anyone, do I need to create this table myself in the DB, does Umbraco create this table in certain cases.

Can I regenerate it ?

• Patrick van Kemenade 101 posts 339 karma points
    Sep 11, 2020 @ 13:05
    Patrick van Kemenade

Think I just found something which helps.

If I delete the contents of folder \App_Data\cache

My problems disappears, still wondering what the deal is with this cmsContentXm it was trying to access, but for now (finger crossed) deleting the files in the cache directory seems to get rid of the error I had.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft