Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Aleksandar Herman 4 posts 74 karma points
    Sep 14, 2020 @ 20:42
    Aleksandar Herman

Umbraco 7 custom .NET submodule architecture

Greetings all,

I've working on a .NET project using Umbraco 7 + USN Synergy package.

I want to make a submodule, something like the semi-isolated part, so the plan is to have custom tables that I will map with Peta Poco (already done that, works perfect) and some MVC logic with it.

So I've made surface controller, made something like a ViewModel to ease the data flow and the views/partial view.

It is pretty straightforward way to go I think, and I made a GET method for example to execute SQL query and get the data I want, that also works perfect.

The problem occurs with POST methods, I cannot make it right, and I think it's about this all weird Umbraco routing. For example I get this when passing BlogPostViewModel to the action

The model item passed into the dictionary is of type 'USN.USNModels.USNBaseViewModel', but this dictionary requires a model item of type 'SurfaceControllers.BlogPostViewModel'.

The error itself isn't my question, my question is how can I make some sort of MVC/[whatever arch it is] app in the current Umbraco installation, not to depend too much of it's interceptors and other stuff? I just want to know if there is a right/preferred way to do it, or it's not worth it?

Specifically, my plan is to make CRUD app to make some custom form input and to render the data collected from the user correctly to some other user who has the permission to see it? (it's just an idea, I could do some basic auth)

Thanks in advance!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft