Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gordon Saxby 1444 posts 1855 karma points
    Sep 21, 2020 @ 12:01
    Gordon Saxby

Update Obsolete Property Editors

Umbraco 7.15.5

I have noticed that a number of our DataTypes are using obsolete Property Editors. While the editors still work and the site functions OK, the obsolete versions, or some of them at least, appear to be causing problems with Courier.

I am still investigating but it appears as though the data stored has changed for the new editor versions, so I assume I somehow need to update the existing content. I assume just changing the Property Editor of a DataType will NOT update the data stored?

This is the list of obsolete Property Editors we are using:

• (Obsolete) Nested Content
    • (Obsolete) Media Picker
    • (Obsolete) Content Picker
    • (Obsolete) Member Picker
    • (Obsolete) Multinode Treepicker
    • (Obsolete) Related Links

Any comments regarding these editors? Has anyone gone through this process already and if so, how did you do it?

• Gordon Saxby 1444 posts 1855 karma points
    Sep 22, 2020 @ 11:43
    Gordon Saxby

I've seen this https://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-9310 which is all about the change made to these editors, however it doesn't deal with the conversion / upgrade process or options at all :-(

I've searched this forum (and Google) but can't find anything helpful.

• Mark Drake 133 posts 457 karma points c-trib
    May 15, 2021 @ 02:11
    Mark Drake

I know this is close to a year old - but I have a large website that uses all of these obsolete editors. I tested changing them to their non-obsolete counterparts but it doesn't look like the data is automatically adjusted.

I'm wondering if someone has an Umbraco package or sql script or anything to help transpose these property values?

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    May 17, 2021 @ 12:52
    Søren Kottal

Hi Mark

You can use Proworks' Our.Umbraco.Migration package (https://www.nuget.org/packages/Our.Umbraco.Migration/) for this, usage is described in their v8 migration blog post https://www.proworks.com/blog/archive/how-to-upgrade-umbraco-version-7-to-version-8. Look for the step by step section, and then the description is in step 4.

May 18, 2021 @ 14:55
    Mark Drake

You deserve a double high five Soren. Thanks so much mate!

• Nijaz Hameed 30 posts 164 karma points
    Apr 18, 2023 @ 10:34
    Nijaz Hameed

Hi @Mark

Do we need to write a custom migration resolver if I wanted to migrate data from my archetype datatype to Nested or Blocklist, what is the package do by default, can you help me out?

Apr 18, 2023 @ 14:03
    Mark Drake

It's been a while since my last migration. I think I follow a slightly different process each time.

Are you moving to Umbraco 10 by chance? Because the uSync Migrations tool saved us big on a recent project. There are migrations in place that handle the most common scenarios. Also, several community contributions!

If you are moving from Umbraco 7 to 10 today, I suggest trying this package.

If archetype isn't already handled, I'm sure the code here should help you write your own. Consider doing a PR to help others out! :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft