Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gibran Shah 69 posts 240 karma points
    Sep 23, 2020 @ 04:22
    Gibran Shah

How do I create a list view?

Hello,

I'm trying to create a list view and I'm not sure how to do it. Here's what I've done so far:

I created a doc type called "Corporate Accounts":

enter image description here

I made it into a list view by clicking on "List view" and switching on "Enable list view":

Then I created a tab called "Content" with a List view property:

Then I created a content page based on the Corporate Accounts doc type:

A strange thing I notice at this point is that I have a "Collection" tab in addition to my "Content" tab (I also have a "Info" tab but I get that with all my content pages). Where does that come from? I left the tab name empty in the Editor Settings since it said that it would use the default name "Child Items" for the tab under which the list view would appear. But I don't see a Child Items tab.

The main issue I'm having is that there doesn't seem to be a way to add items to the list view. It just says "No content has been added". I'm assuming the list view items would show up under the "Collections" tab as that seems to be a list view based on the hamburger icon in the top right corner (clicking it gives me the option of viewing a list or a grid). The "Content" tab, which is where I added my list view property, doesn't seem to have a list view.

What I'd like is to be able to add items to my list view (whether under Collections or Content, doesn't matter). Furthermore, I'd like the items to be based on another doc type: "Corporate Account Card":

How can I set it up like this?

• Gibran Shah 69 posts 240 karma points
    Sep 24, 2020 @ 09:32
    Gibran Shah

Got my answer:

https://umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v8/implementor/fundamentals/document-types/list-view-and-templates/

What this video does differently is it starts by creating a document type collection. I trashed my document types, templates, and content, and started over selecting document type collection. It worked.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft