Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gayathri 55 posts 175 karma points
    Sep 23, 2020 @ 04:31
    Gayathri

301 URL Tracker installed but cant able to see in backoffice

Hi All,

I have installed 301 URL Tracker as per Umbraco 7.15 am using https://our.umbraco.com/packages/developer-tools/301-url-tracker but i cant able to find this feature in back office , can any one please tell me where should this will be sitting ? or any configuration is missing ?.

also when i installed i got this message to complete the installation, open umbraco and the UrlTracker's final install steps will be executed. Also remember to build the project.

Also my backoffice looks like this

enter image description here

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Sep 23, 2020 @ 06:25
    Marc Goodson

Hi Gayathri

There is a more up=to=date version of UrlTracker (3.15) available via a Nuget feed:

https://www.nuget.org/packages/UrlTracker/

The version listed on Our Umbraco hasn't been updated.

The package should add a dashboard to the Content section of Umbraco - so after rebuilding your solution, if you click on the word 'Content' at the top of the Content tree in your screenshot, that will load any dashboards for the content section, with tabs to switch between.

This is configured in the file /config/dashboards.config in your solution - so check there to see if there is a reference to UrlTracker added. It should add itself when the site first runs after install.

Think it looks like this:

<tab caption-"Url Tracker">
                    <control addPanel=true>~/Umbraco/UrlTracker/InfoCaster.Umbraco.UrlTracker.UI.UrlTrackerManagerWrapper.ascx</control>
    </tab>

Other considerations are that the presence of UrlTracker dll in your solution will 'turn off' the core Redirect Url Management dashboard (this is to prevent any redirect conflicts that might arise between the two tools)

There isn't a version of UrlTracker for V8 (yet) - so if you are planning an upgrade at a later date, then another redirects package called Skybrud Redirects may be worth considering:

https://github.com/skybrud/Skybrud.Umbraco.Redirects/tree/dev-v7

As this works alongside the core Redirect Url Management implementation (doesn't disable it) and also has a V8 version available.

Finally if you prefer to stick with UrlTracker, then make sure to turn off the tracking of 404s - every time a 404 is triggered on your site, an entry is written to to a database table by UrlTracker, overtime this can get quite huge, if it is not regularly cleaned - and site performance can be affected if you have a number of concurrent bot requests to urls that don't exist eg /wp-admin... and the number of SQL inserts overwhelms your connection to your database.

regards

Marc

Sep 23, 2020 @ 06:39
    Gayathri

Hi Marc,

thanks for the reply .

all i can see is this one

I have installed through Nuget 3.15 stable version

the config looks below

I cant able to see the configuration or redirection input , how it will work ?

Also I have installed the Skybrud.Umbraco.Redirects but i cant see this tab as well in content section

the config below

<package id="Skybrud.Essentials" version="1.1.3" targetFramework="net462" />
      <package id="Skybrud.Umbraco.Redirects" version="0.3.5" targetFramework="net462" />
      <package id="Skybrud.WebApi.Json" version="1.0.4" targetFramework="net462" />

Sep 23, 2020 @ 07:42
    Marc Goodson

Hi Gayathri

I think with skybrud there are some manual steps to take:

https://github.com/skybrud/Skybrud.Umbraco.Redirects/tree/dev-v7

Have you added the following:

<tab caption="Redirects">
        <access>
            <grant>admin</grant>
        </access>
        <control showOnce="true" addPanel="true" panelCaption="">/App_Plugins/Skybrud.Umbraco.Redirects/Views/Dashboard.html</control>
    </tab>

to your /config/dashboards.config file?

and similarly

<remove name="RedirectsHttpModule" />
    <add name="RedirectsHttpModule" type="Skybrud.Umbraco.Redirects.Routing.RedirectsHttpModule, Skybrud.Umbraco.Redirects" />

added to the /web.config file in the modules section 'just after' the following entry:

<remove name="UmbracoModule" />
    <add name="UmbracoModule" type="Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule,umbraco" />

Then you should see a dashboard with tab name 'Redirects' visible in Content section.

regards

Marc

Sep 23, 2020 @ 07:52
    Gayathri

Hi Marc,

Thank you for the help :)

Sep 23, 2020 @ 07:54
    Marc Goodson

Fingers crossed!

But whatever you do don't have UrlTracker AND Skybrud Redirects both installed!

regards

Marc

Sep 23, 2020 @ 08:03
    Gayathri

Hi Mac,

Yes i will not but currently i have used simple301 as this is very straightforward and working no manual code changes https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/simple-301/.

Do you think this will cover the same as Skybrud.Umbraco.Redirects ?

Because in Skybrud i am getting an 440 API error like this when i try to add the new redirects or even when i goes to that tab for redirectenter image description here

http://localhost:26064/umbraco/backoffice/api/Redirects/GetRootNodes - 404

Sep 23, 2020 @ 15:24
    Marc Goodson

Hi Gayathri

With the error for Skybrud redirects, I'd try incremeting the client dependency framework version

/config/clientdependency.config

(just add one to the value)

This will ensure the backoffice will load a fresh version of all the plugin assets...

I haven't seen anything similar reported for Skybrud redirects in the past.

Simple 301 redirects is ok (it also disables the core Redirect Url Management though) - The Skybrud one is generally considered to be the 'goto' package for manual redirects for the latest versions of V7.

If you only want to add single redirects to existing pages the other consideration is the 'Redirects Viewer' plugin:

https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/redirects-viewer/

that works with the core Redirect Url Management dashboard to allow you to add redirect URLs for existing pages.

regards

marc

Sep 24, 2020 @ 01:01
    Gayathri

Hi Marc,

Thank you for the reply :)

Sep 28, 2020 @ 01:44
    Gayathri

Hi Mac,

I am working on Skybrud redirects but this URL not redirting the page which i have configured. please check below .

where as the page /g1/ goes to 404 ( ihave deleted the page , ifi dint delete the redirect goes to g1 page not on the configured page)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft