Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mathias 47 posts 191 karma points
    Sep 23, 2020 @ 06:54
    Mathias

Emptied recycle bin, now the content tree won't load

Hello there,
    I did what I thought was a mundane task, emptying the recycle bin. When I did the dialog window opened and a little progress bar began to animate. After like 5minutes it closed itself, and now the entire content tree won't load for me in the backoffice.

After a while it presents me with an error popup, telling me there was a SQL timeout exception.

Is there a way for me to solve this? What happend?

Luckely for me this wasn't in production, but this sort of thing really scares me, what happens when a user decides to empty the recycle bin?

// Mathias

• Mathias 47 posts 191 karma points
    Sep 23, 2020 @ 06:57
    Mathias

And now it just decided to load... This is scary.

Anyone else that has encountered this issue?

• Thomas 315 posts 602 karma points c-trib
    Nov 12, 2021 @ 10:49
    Thomas

Did you find a solution for this ? have the same issue on 8.16

• RyanW 33 posts 148 karma points
    Nov 12, 2021 @ 16:30
    RyanW

If you have the exact same issue, the timed out error. If you still do; try restarting the app-pool.

Failing that, what i'd do is rebuild internal indexes, republish the entire site's contents to rebuild the xml.

Failing even that, open up the database and try opening the tables to see if there's an issue write/reading them even with a limit of 1000 which should load instantly.

Deleting items from the trash usually takes a while but it timing out shouldn't compromise the rest of the tables from what i've seen personally.

• Alex 18 posts 90 karma points
    Sep 23, 2020 @ 12:05
    Alex

Hello Mathias,

I run several umbraco 8 web sites, never happened to me.

You should check the log files. Sql timeout? Does your sql service run smoothly on your machine?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft