Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Quinlan 8 posts 79 karma points
    Sep 24, 2020 @ 08:32
    David Quinlan

System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot save a non-current version. Umbraco 8 / Azure

Hi,

Getting some strange behavior. I cannot save and publish any content from backoffice.
    Save sometimes appears to work, but save and publish shows the above error message almost ever time. When the message is not shown, as in, it looks like as if it has saved, there are no updates to the publish history on the info tab.

Dev tools is showing a 500 (Internal Server Error) on

/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Content/PostSave

There is no custom coding or anything on this site. It was previously working fine.

I have set the azure settings on config as recommended also.

Ta!

• Ifrahim Rasool 28 posts 84 karma points
    Sep 29, 2020 @ 10:58
    Ifrahim Rasool

Hi David

Did you find any solution to this? I suspect this is something to do with packages. I installed a package "tinifier" to my project and it broke.

• David Quinlan 8 posts 79 karma points
    Sep 29, 2020 @ 11:03
    David Quinlan

Hi Ifrahim, Yes, I did have that package installed, manually removing now from my App Service on Azure & removing tables etc from database. It doesn't give option to cleanly uninstall, I suspect that's it, as all was working ok prior to that. Note to self to check the compatibility list of plugin's more carefully in future.

I'll drop a note here if this resolves the issue.

David

• Jeroen Vantroyen 54 posts 394 karma points c-trib
    Jan 09, 2021 @ 11:36
    Jeroen Vantroyen

This issue was solved in a new version of Tinifier.

Warning: It's a different Nuget package.

https://www.nuget.org/packages/Our.Umbraco.Tinifier

Since it appears the Tinifier author is no longer responding, I've taken it upon myself to fork the project and release a new Nuget until the original author does come back and accepts the Pull Request.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft