Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Terry Clancy 204 posts 944 karma points
    Sep 27, 2020 @ 17:24
    Terry Clancy

Umbacko BackOffice Doc Type Templates Picker seems Clunky and Difficult to use

Hi All,

As shown below the UI for Umbraco BackOffice / Settings / Document Types / [Your Doc Type] /Templates is not usable with long file names that extend beyond the box for each template. As you can see the names overlap each other and become unreadable.

enter image description here

Even worse is the Template Picker you get when you press on “Choose Extra Template” on that page. As you can see below the situation is worse in that case and you can not identify the template you are looking for.

enter image description here

Is there anything I am missing in terms of a view to overcome this ? If not please consider fixing in future versions.

Note that back in I think Umbraco V6 this was not an issue as the templates and template picker were list based and worked very nicely. In a well intentioned attempt to make the UI more modern and easy to use it seems to me to have been made clucky and difficult to use.

Thanks Terry Clancy

ClanceZ

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Sep 29, 2020 @ 08:23
    Nik

Hi Terry,

I can see the issue you are having. My first thought is, don't put _'s in the names use spaces instead to allow the names to wrap naturally.

I guess, it could be quite nice if there was a config setting that you could toggle to change it to a list view instead of a grid view.

I'd also like to see support for folders in the template section.

Nik

• Terry Clancy 204 posts 944 karma points
    Oct 28, 2020 @ 04:39
    Terry Clancy

Thanks Nik, Thanks for your good idea. Bit late for this project but will keep in mind for the next one !!!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft