Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris 8 posts 110 karma points c-trib
    Sep 29, 2020 @ 12:14
    Chris

Linking directly to a content app for a content node

Is it possible to link directly to a content app on a content node in V8? Say I have a piece of content with the backoffice url:

umbraco/#/content/content/edit/1001

Going to this url always shows the default 'Content' content app (or 'Info' if there's no properties). What I'd like to know is - Is it possible to link in a way that shows a different content app? If this did exist I'd imagine it could be a with a url like so:

umbraco/#/content/content/edit/1001?contentapp=My+custom+content+app

For some (slightly vague) context, a project I'm working on has a custom umbraco section that displays some information about some content stored in umbraco, alongside some external data that content is linked to.

I have a custom content app for these content nodes that I'd like to link directly to, because it makes more sense to do so from my custom section than showing the default 'Content' content app. I'd hope this makes sense without revealing details about the project itself

• Adam Nelson 27 posts 186 karma points c-trib
    May 06, 2021 @ 02:04
    Adam Nelson

I would also love to know if this is possible.

• Chris 8 posts 110 karma points c-trib
    Sep 21, 2022 @ 11:08
    Chris

Deep linking to dashboards was added in 8.15 via query parameter e.g. ?dashboard=contentRedirectManager will link to the Redirect URL Management dashboard. Although it's not for content apps this may be useful for someone who comes across this thread.

https://umbraco.com/blog/umbraco-815-release/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft