Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Farhad 13 posts 56 karma points
    Oct 03, 2020 @ 01:11
    Farhad

Get model errors after upgrade to 8.8.0

Hi

After upgrading to Umbraco 8.8.0 I am getting the following errors in the Umbraco/default.cshtml view.

BackOfficeModel does not contain a definition for IconCheckData BackOfficeModel does not contain a definition for IconCheckData IconDeleteData

The above happens on this piece of code

app.run(["iconHelper", function (iconHelper) {
                     @*We inject icons to the icon helper(service), since icons can only be loaded if user is authorized. By injecting these to the service they will not be requested as they will become cached.*@
                    iconHelper.defineIcon("icon-check", '@Html.Raw(Model.IconCheckData)');
                    iconHelper.defineIcon("icon-delete", '@Html.Raw(Model.IconDeleteData)');
                }]);

I commented out, for now, to get the back office running.

Regards Farhad

• Jeroen Oostwouder 100 posts 296 karma points
    Oct 09, 2020 @ 11:53
    Jeroen Oostwouder

Same problem here.

Tried to comment them out, but then I'm getting another error when opening my home-node. So, back to 8.7 I guess for now.

• Tommi Laukkanen 1 post 21 karma points
    Oct 18, 2020 @ 21:17
    Tommi Laukkanen

Same thing. I upgraded from 8.6.1 to 8.8.0 and started getting the same error but when I commented out these lines I got my back office up running and (at least now) staying in 8.8.0.

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/e9627f2ee962a73cd8c007a42845c9129e3339ee/src/Umbraco.Web.UI/Umbraco/Views/Default.cshtml#L123-L127

• Nikolaj Brask-Nielsen 8 posts 168 karma points MVP c-trib
    Oct 20, 2020 @ 15:12
    Nikolaj Brask-Nielsen

From what I can tell this is due to an issue when building the project. I solved this by clearing the bin folder (Except the Roslyn folder) and rebuilding the project.

This creates the dll files again and when you launch the website Umbraco will guide you through the upgrade.

You can see if your problem is caused the same way by peeking at the definition of BackOfficeModel in the Default.cshtml in Umbraco/views.

It's supposed to look something like this: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/v8/contrib/src/Umbraco.Web/Editors/BackOfficeModel.cs

• Asif Malik 203 posts 339 karma points
    Oct 20, 2020 @ 15:57
    Asif Malik

Had what appears to be the same problem. I deleted the ClientDependency temp folder and then it worked again.

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Sep 17, 2021 @ 21:30
    Craig100

The above haven't worked here. Upgrading from 8.12.0 to 8.16. Still cannot resolve IconCheckData and IconDeleteData :(

@Tommi's tempy fix of commenting the lines out gets the back office up. Needs a proper fix though.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft