Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul de Quant 403 posts 1520 karma points
    Oct 05, 2020 @ 10:09
    Paul de Quant

Are the fixes from 8.6.5 included in 8.7.0 and 8.8.0

Hi,

Can anyone clarify the following for me please?

The Umbraco version 8.6.5 was released after 8.7.0, does this mean the fixes this version introduced are not included in 8.7.0?

Also is it safe to assume that all updates are now included in 8.8.0?

I want to do an upgrade, but not sure if I need to update our 8.6.4 site 3 times i.e. start with 8.6.4 then 8.6.5 > 8.7.0 > 8.8.0 or just go straight to 8.8.0.

Thanks

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Oct 05, 2020 @ 10:30
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Unfortunately, it got a bit confusing with all of the fixes we wanted to get out there and some overlap in the releases/code freeze periods. We are calming down now, we have since 8.7.0 released 8+ months worth of contributions so now we can concentrate on getting a proper cadence in our releases.

There's one more thing coming soon, 8.9.0, which contains all the fixes from 8.6.5, 8.7.0 and 8.8.0 and only a single new feature. We'll get some patches out soon as well (8.7.1 and 8.8.1) to get everything synced properly across all branches.

As for your question, the specific items are also labeled on GitHub to set the correct expectations:

If there's only one version listed on GitHub that always means: "this is the version it was released in and it is in all the versions higher than that".

Hope this clarifies things!

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Oct 05, 2020 @ 10:34
    Sebastiaan Janssen

As for upgrading, you should always try a straight upgrade first, it should work, if it doesn't then we did something wrong.

There's a LOT of frontend changes in the backoffice, make sure that the version in ClientDependency.config is updated on each of your environments (local/dev, and your server(s)). Many people revert the update of that file and then run into something looking a bit off. The other problem people run into is that they don't allow an upgrade to overwrite the files in the ~/umbraco folder, which also then makes the backoffice not function correctly. Just a few tips!

• Paul de Quant 403 posts 1520 karma points
    Oct 05, 2020 @ 10:36
    Paul de Quant

Thanks Sebastiaan, much appreciated. We'll go straight for 8.8.0.

Cheers

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft