Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Damien Holley 179 posts 540 karma points
    Oct 06, 2020 @ 06:27
    Damien Holley

Get dropdown selection in nested content template (AngularJS)

Hi does anyone know of a way to get the string value of a dropdown selection in the template area of nested content? I will be using this to identify the nested content entries.

here's what I have, the if statement works fine, but I keep getting [id] if I use region.

{{region == "" ? "All" : getById(region)}}

I wish to use this in the below highlighted area:

enter image description here

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Oct 06, 2020 @ 07:28
    Marc Goodson

Hi Damien

There is a way to show the Node Name in the nested content title for a content picker instead of the id, using a special custom Angular filter that is in the core.

{{ pickerAlias | ncNodeName }}

But if you have a 'dropdown' then that is different - But you could implement your own custom AngularJS filter and add it to the Umbraco backoffice using a package.manifest file, and adding it to the umbraco.filters modules - to perform the lookup of the name...

... have a look at the implementation for the ncNodeName filter:

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/ba73ad57927f461fd3f6d1160078a0003522ec30/src/Umbraco.Web.UI.Client/src/common/filters/nestedcontent.filter.js

that would give you an idea of what's involved, and where to start!

regards

marc

• Damien Holley 179 posts 540 karma points
    Oct 17, 2020 @ 23:00
    Damien Holley

Thanks Marc, not exactly what I was looking for and it means Umbraco doesn't use the SOLID principles, as the responsibility is external which worries me.

I may have to go with your advice on this one as I can see no oither way around it.

Cheers!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft