Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben Palmer 176 posts 842 karma points c-trib
    Oct 08, 2020 @ 08:14
    Ben Palmer

Umbraco Slow to Publish Content

Hi,

We're having a little trouble with Umbraco hanging when trying to save and publish content. It's an intermittent problem but when it kicks in, I can see the PostSave event is called but the spinner just continues to spin and the PostSave request sits at "pending" in my Network panel.

A few things to note about the site: 1. It's a fairly large site but not massive (25k documents in the indexer, around 7k of which are nodes). 2. It's a large multi-site installation (multi-site used for regions, of which we have 24). 3. The site runs on a dedicated server with plenty of resource overhead (usually CPU is no more than 25%, memory usage sits at around 35%). There are no huge spikes when the problem occurs.

A few things we've tried: 1. We noticed that we had a recurring error filling up the logs, some of the log files were 60mb+. I cleared these down and the installation has been running okay, although still a little slowly. 2. We've seen the issue kick in today and recycled the app pool and restarted the site - this has fixed the issue. 3. We have checked for save/publish events and we have a couple but they are simple and nothing in there should slow down the site (though we're going to drop these out for now) 4. We've checked the logs and there's nothing in there that suggests anything is wrong (we had logging on "Info" for a while to test this).

Got to be honest, I'm struggling with where else we take this. The app pool recycle fixing this may be telling me something but I perhaps don't have enough knowledge of IIS etc to know what that something is.

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Thanks,

Ben

• Marcin Zajkowski 112 posts 585 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 27, 2021 @ 01:40
    Marcin Zajkowski

Hi Ben,

did you find any solutions to your problem? I'm experiencing a similar one now with 8.15.1 and just found your post. Thanks in advance for any pointers and takeaways from your 'journey' with this issue.

Cheers, Marcin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft