Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christina 8 posts 78 karma points
    Oct 13, 2020 @ 05:21
    Christina

Element Type in Block List editor can't have Vary by culture?

I have a Element type (Media module) that I'm using in a Nested Content editor (Media modules). Media module has Allow vary by culture activated. I'm using it on several pages with varying settings for Allow vary by culture, and it works fine.

Now I'm trying to use the same element type in a Block List editor, on a new page that doesn't have Allow vary by culture activated.

When adding a media module to my block list, none of the properties can be edited, and "Inherited from" is rendered above the property names. The only way I seem to get it to work is if I remove all but one languages under Settings, and I don't want to do that.

Is this i bug, a feature or am I doing something wrong?

Properties cannot be edited

Oct 21, 2020 @ 12:53
    Christina

I tried the same setup in a clean version of Umbraco built from source (8.9.0-rc) and I still get the same behavior.

My LabPage has one ListBlock property and one NestedContent property with the same Element type allowed in them. The BlockList items gets "locked" but the NestedContent items works as I am expecting.

To recreate this one needs to have at least two languages activated on the site. Works like a charm with just one language!

enter image description here

Oct 30, 2020 @ 07:16
    Christina

The answer to this turned out to be: don't use Allow vary by culture on Element Types!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft