Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Iain Martin 54 posts 98 karma points
    Oct 14, 2020 @ 14:03
    Iain Martin

Umbraco Directory throws 404

Really odd one.

I've just uploaded a site to run as a beta version using the files etc. from the existing site and the front end is working fine. However, when I try to logon to the admin section via SiteName/Umbraco I get a 404 error.

I have a few API calls that work using the standard notation of SiteName/Umbraco/API/APIName/ProcedureName and these all work.

I tried upgrading to the latest version and it went through the upgrade process fine and then when it went to redirect me to the admin section once it had finished, the 404 error returned.

Permissions are set correctly as far as I'm aware, there are no redirects in place, although I am using a IContentLastChanceFinder but as far as I can see this only works on content nodes, and I did REM it out, rebuild and copy this DLL up and the 404 still occurred.

Anybody come across this issue before as it has me completely stumped. I have to say I've uploaded loads of sites before having used Umbraco for about 15 years now and I've never had this issue crop up before.

Regards Iain Martin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft