Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Asad Kizzie 24 posts 154 karma points
    Oct 15, 2020 @ 14:48
    Asad Kizzie

Complete Instructions on Changing the Name of the Media Folder

I have installed Umbraco v7.1.8 locally on my computer for testing. I am using Visual Studio 2019 to debug and run the site. I am able to see the site and log into the back office.

I am struggling to find full instructions on how to successfully and completely change the media folder's name.

I would like to change the directory from /media to /files.

I have made the following change in the FileSystemProviders.config file:

<add key="virtualRoot" value="~/files/" />

I have also renamed the actual /media folder in my solution to /files.

When I went into the backoffice to load the "media" section, I recieved an error that said it was unable to find some files. So I made an update in the umbraco > Views > dashboard folder and renamed the "media" folder to be "files".

I have a few questions now:

1. Is it possible to change all references to "media" in the backoffice? How? enter image description here
    2. When I try to Choose a File to add to a webpage, it just opens my local file directory. How can i get it to open the "Media" library? enter image description here
    3. When I installed Umbraco, i let it install the Starter Kit. The images that were loaded now have the wrong path (since i changed the folder name to /files). I thought I would be able to just click the URL and edit the path but when i click the URL, it doesn't let me edit, it just trys to open it. Is that the expected functionality? How can I update these URLs to point to the correct location? <strong>enter image description here</strong>
    4. And lastly, when I go to the Media Library, it doesn't show any of the sample images that I can see when i navigate to the directory in Windows Explorer. Should i be able to see them there? How can I make them visible?

enter image description here

Any help that you can provide would be amazing!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft