Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nagarjun 39 posts 71 karma points
    Oct 20, 2020 @ 11:18
    Nagarjun

Umbraco version 8.6.4 media push/pull issues with Usync.Complete in Azure.

Hi,

For my previous question, I was told to use usync.complete to push content/media to different environments.

I've setup 2 sites in Azure (production and staging deployment slots). I tested these 2 sites in my local machine and was able to move content.

When the sites are published to Azure using publish profile in visual studio, I'm seeing the following error. Could anyone please guide me to resolve this issue.

Also want to know if usync.complete plugin supports Azure?

Exception details :-

No Step alias? - Increment your ClientDependency version? Parameter name: StepAlias

No Step alias? - Increment your ClientDependency version? Parameter name: StepAlias at uSync.Publisher.Controllers.uSyncPublisherApiController.

No Step alias? - Increment your ClientDependency version? Parameter name: StepAlias

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Oct 20, 2020 @ 11:31
    Kevin Jump

Hi

Yes uSync.Complete does support azure (and azure blob storage for media).

The error is likely because the files are cached on the server. so the advice is to increment the version number in the clientdependency.config file (in the config folder) e.g change the number here:

<clientDependency version="1887106209" fileDependencyExtensions=".js,.css" loggerType="Umbraco.Web.CdfLogger, Umbraco.Web">

This is the most common cause of the missing step error. Which is why we've put it in the error message - but its possible its other things, so you might want to check your uSync8.config file looks like the reference one.

https://github.com/Jumoo/uSync.Complete.Issues/blob/main/configs/uSync8.config

for example sometime people change the settings in the publisher handler set, when really they shouldn't need touching (and we should really just hide them!)

Oct 20, 2020 @ 11:52
    Nagarjun

Hi Kevin,

I've increased the version number and I'm still noticing the same error. I even restarted the app services for both stage and prod.

Exception details :-

No Step alias? - Increment your ClientDependency version? Parameter name: StepAlias at uSync.Publisher.Controllers.uSyncPublisherApiController.

enter image description here

Oct 20, 2020 @ 14:23
    Kevin Jump

Hi

I am wondering if it's actually an error in the step before that is causing the problem 🤔

I am looking around seeing if there is a specific configuration that might cause the steps not to be returned to the browser.

can you try the process again with the browser's developer console open and see if you get any other errors before this one?

Kevin

Oct 20, 2020 @ 14:27
    Kevin Jump

also can you confirm that where its failing?

do you for example get to the point where you see the server settings when you click on the server ?

e.g do you see something like this just before the error?

Oct 21, 2020 @ 06:28
    Nagarjun

Hi Kevin,

I'm now able to push content after configuring again in the website. It worked like a charm. Thanks for your help.

Still facing an issue while retrieving content when performing pull from a media section. Suspecting that this is an issue from my side and investigating it. Any thoughts on below error? It is only me accessing both the applications at the moment.

Oct 21, 2020 @ 08:30
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

I suspect its a config issue - with azure the site files are effectively shared between any instance of the site, and this included when azure swaps the underling site between servers.

It looks like you are running your azure site on SQLCE (which is what the .sdf file is) that's not recommended but i think it might be possible.

The lowest level Azure SQL DB will work fine for a small site, so you might want to look at switching to that - it will be more stable and faster.

If you do want SQLCE to work there are probably some azure settings you should look to ensure swapping doesn't break things (for example you might have to disable overlapped recycling - search for WEBSITEDISABLEOVERLAPPED_RECYCLING)

I would also check out the Umbraco Azure setup docs, there are a couple of settings there, you probably need to look at. For example the Umbraco.Core.LocalTempStorage moves the temp files to a location not shared between servers.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft