Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard 3 posts 74 karma points
    Oct 20, 2020 @ 11:25
    Richard

Umbraco Azure Blob CDN - cache issue

I've followed the guide at https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Extending/FileSystemProviders/Azure-Blob-Storage/index-v7 to implement an Azure blog CDN to host the media files. The implementation is working in that the existing /media url is now redirecting images to load from the cache CDN instead. I do however seem to be experiencing two issues:

1. If i update an image in the back office to one with exactly the same name it still redirects to the existing image in the cache container. If i manually go to the file on the media container i can however see it has updated. Is there as such a way to force the redirect to link to the new cached image?
    2. Non images (such as a PDF) do not redirect to use the CDN. Is there a way around this?

If I can resolve issue 1, I'd also be looking to avoid the redirect if possible so that I can have the CDN image URL directly in the HTML rather than a link to /media that then redirect. Will this be possible?

• Angel 50 posts 106 karma points
    Nov 20, 2023 @ 20:02
    Angel

Hi Richard,

I was wondering if you have figured out a fix to this issue? I am using Umbraco 8.18.9 and experiencing the same problem.

-I update a PDF file in the back office with one that has changed but has the same file name. -When I re- select the PDF file through media picker on a page (which I believe I shouldnt need to do), the file that is served up when a user clicks on the link is the old version of the file. -Clicking on the link to the PDF from the Media Section of the back office loads up the OLD version of the file as well.

Any thoughts?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft