Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• paco 25 posts 155 karma points
    Oct 26, 2020 @ 16:50
    paco

[SOLVED] - New properties disappear from a previously created doc type (after migration from 7.5.6 to 7.15.5)

Hello everybody, I have a strange problem and I hope someone can help me.

I recently migrated an Umbraco site from version 7.5.6 to 7.15.5. This site already had some content (Home page, and other pages).

When I launch the Umbraco site locally (for example via Visual Studio), if I try to modify an already existing document type related to an already existing content by adding a new property in the existing document type (for example: a simple textbox), and then I save this change, populate the field from the content tree and click the "Save and Publish" button, I see it. If I log out , restart website locally from my Visual Studio and I log in back into the backoffice with my administrator credentials, the property previously added in the document type is no longer visible.

Instead, if I create a new document type and modify it, I have no such problem.

How can I solve this issue? I checked the logs too, but I didn't see any errors.

I share in this topic some screenshots, in order to better explain the issue. Here are the steps:

1) Log in in my Umbraco site backend (launched locally from Visual Studio)

2) In backend -> Settings -> Document Types -> Home (already existing doc type), I have added (and saved) a new property (see the image below):

enter image description here

3) Log out of the backend

4) Stop of the Umbraco website from Visual Studio (I have launched it locally) and restart

5) In backend -> Settings -> Document Types -> Home, I don't see the new property previously added and saved (see the image below):

enter image description here

I have also tried to republish the whole website content, but this hasn't solved my problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Paco

• paco 25 posts 155 karma points
    Oct 28, 2020 @ 09:49
    paco

I have solved this issue.

The problem was caused by the auto-import option of uSync.

After updated it had these two optiions set to true. This caused an auto-imprt of a previous version of my doc types on startup

I have opened the config file (uSyncBackOffice.config) an set this property to false:

<!-- run import at startup -->
      <Import>false</Import>

Remember to do this after you upgraded your uSync plugin.

Paco

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft