Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mov3nforward 117 posts 319 karma points
    Oct 27, 2020 @ 20:16
    Mov3nforward

We have upgraded Umbraco from version 8.6.3 to 8.6.5 without issue. When we upgrade from 8.6.5k to 8.7.0, the site gets stuck in an update loop. We have tried updating the site at least 6 times now and keep ending up with a screen saying it wants to upgrade from 8.7.0 to 8.7.0. This is very frustrating. Does anyone know what the issue could be? Why can't Umbraco come up with a way to update their code without these issues on EVERY SINGLE UPDATE!!!enter image description here

Oct 28, 2020 @ 14:42
    Mov3nforward

Anyone???

• Chris Evans 137 posts 353 karma points c-trib
    Oct 29, 2020 @ 01:56
    Chris Evans

Upgrades can definitely be frustrating :(

The best place to look for more info about what's going on is to check your browser console (eg F12 in Chrome on PC) to see if there are any 500 errors being thrown by the installation process - sometimes this can shed some light about what is happening.

If you have access to the hosting platform, or if you're running this on a local machine, you could check inside the \App_Data\Logs folder and see if the most recent log file contains any debug information.

A really useful package for version 8 is this: https://our.umbraco.com/packages/website-utilities/ourumbracosilentupgrade/

When this is installed and enabled, it performs the upgrades silently without showing the installation screen or requiring authentication to kick off the process, which is a much better experience for live websites.

It also contains a Debug option that you can turn on, which might provide extended information in the case of an error like you're experiencing here.

Hope this helps!

Chris

Nov 17, 2020 @ 22:05
    Mov3nforward

Chris,

I have tried many times to upgrade Umbraco from version 8.6.6 to 8.7 and each time I end up with the update stuck in a loop on 8.7. I have been able to upgrade from 8.6.3 to 8.6.4 to 8.6.5 to 8.6.6 without issue.

Maybe you could shed some light on the issue. At this point I am getting tired of the endless cycle and issue with simply trying to upgrade a site with Umbraco. It's mind numbing.

http://topknotmassage.com.67-225-192-128.zeon10dev.com/umbraco

-Lee

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft