Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jordan Smith 7 posts 77 karma points
    Oct 30, 2020 @ 19:58
    Jordan Smith

A published page repetitively becomes unavailable and the info shows "This document is published but its url cannot be routed".

The same page will randomly start returning a 404 error and when I look in the content section the page says "This document is published but its url cannot be routed". Once someone clicks the "Save and publish" button the page is live again.

We have checked the logs and there isn't anything that indicates an error. I have tried changing the doc type alias and the template alias, and recreating page from scratch. None of these solutions appeared to have any affect.

Any thoughts on where to look for troubleshooting or fixes would be helpful.

Started on 8.6.3 when we built the site and the version is currently 8.6.5

• Richard Ockerby 28 posts 202 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Oct 30, 2020 @ 20:40
    Richard Ockerby

Hey Jordan,

Have you tried to clear all the caches from within settings in case there's something gone wrong there?

Do you have you got any custom code that interacts with the URL provider or content finder?

Nov 02, 2020 @ 13:58
    Jordan Smith

Hello Richard, Thank you for your response. I have cleared the caches, and this site doesn't have any custom code that interact with the URL provider or content finder. There is a near identical version of the site on a dev server that hasn't had this happen at all.

• DonZalmrol 220 posts 833 karma points
    Nov 02, 2020 @ 16:39
    DonZalmrol

Could you check URL redirection? Perhaps the URL is being redirected to something no longer existing.

Nov 02, 2020 @ 21:18
    Jordan Smith

I cleared out the redirect management before this weekend and the page still went down early this morning. Also I don't think that addresses the page's url saying "This document is published but its url cannot be routed".

• DonZalmrol 220 posts 833 karma points
    Nov 03, 2020 @ 08:46
    DonZalmrol

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/7269

Could you check the comment all the way at the bottom? Seems they needed to comment some custom code from Visual studio that caused the issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft