Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• parsianuk 1 post 21 karma points
    Nov 02, 2020 @ 00:03
    parsianuk

Failure in deploying Umbraco on GoDaddy Hosting (Plesk)

I am trying to launch a website on GoDaddy Plesk hosting. The website is built on Umbraco v. 8.9.0. I am facing an issue with an error that is related to Roslyn and precompiling. All solution that I've founds offer me to add and remove precompiler tags in

The error message is :

This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator

Any help will be appreciated

• Del Greco 2 posts 22 karma points
    Nov 20, 2020 @ 20:09
    Del Greco

Hey, I'm having the same issues.

I previously had a nice version of 7.x running on my public server, and since upgrading to 8.x, i'm having all manner of issues. Many of these are to do with Roslyn. I'll keep you posted if I find a fix.

One thing i did find out is that the web.config > Appsettings > Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.ModelsMode value = DLL is invalid in 8.x. Setting it to Dll gives the following error:

System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: ModelsMode "Dll" is not a valid mode. Note that modes are case-sensitive. Possible values are: Nothing, PureLive, AppData, LiveAppData  at Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Embedded.Configuration.ModelsBuilderConfig.<>c.<get_ModelsMode>b__16_0() in

I hope that is of some help to you.

• Del Greco 2 posts 22 karma points
    Nov 24, 2020 @ 17:23
    Del Greco

Ok, so after many hours of trawling through these issues, I have deduced the following:

On your local machine, you probably have permissions to run a real-time compiler, allowing your custom models to be created in real-time by Roslyn?

Generally this works fine locally, but when you push to a proper server, you dont have the permissions for your application to run exe's (Roslyn) on the server.

I think, and I am still working through this, but this is where you use the models builder in the CMS, or the models builder API to generate your models on your dev server, then you include those models in your Visual Studio project. Then when you compile and export that, it includes the correct details in your DLLs, allowing you to run umbraco without needing permissions to run Roslyn.

That is where I am currently at, but there are now several new issues hitting me, such as, the Models Builder option not being available in the CMS. I think this is related to the fact that I am running a compiled site, so it deactivates that option?? Very confusing and annoying. I've spent days working on this and am still no further forward. (I could have had several Wordpress sites up and running in this time!)

I'll keep you posted.

• Patrick van Kemenade 101 posts 339 karma points
    Nov 24, 2020 @ 19:04
    Patrick van Kemenade

Is it a VPS on Godaddy or a shared account, think for Umbraco having a VPS (or cloud solution) is kind of a must have.

• John Palmer 76 posts 201 karma points
    Nov 27, 2020 @ 03:54
    John Palmer

Hi parsianuk,

As I know Godaddy doesn't support Full Trust permission. I previously used their service too but since they didn't support Full Trust, I can't run Umbraco website. You need to find hosting provider that offer Full Trust. I personally use Asphostportal, maybe you can consider this provider or you can find VPS hosting. Good luck!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft