Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sean Davis 13 posts 83 karma points
    Nov 02, 2020 @ 12:38
    Sean Davis

Umbraco setup page keeps popping up

I've inherited a site on Umbraco 7.2.6

and I think it keeps showing me the Umbraco setup page, when you haven't published any content? It looks like this: umbraco setup

I haven't been able to find anyone with a similar issue. Is there a flag in the db or web config that would trigger this page? It started happening last week and has gone away and come back on its own.

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Nov 02, 2020 @ 15:24
    Amir Khan

I think this is the correct behavior when you haven't published any content, that isn't actually the setup / install page, but the page that shows when there's no content published. Is it actually duplicated like that though with the two columns, two buttons, missing text, etc?

Nov 02, 2020 @ 15:29
    Sean Davis

Yeah this is a screenshot the client sent me.

You're correct, that is the no content published page, I mislabeled it.

We have had content published on the site for years though and I think this is the first time this issue is popping up.

Could Examine indexes affect this at all?

Nov 02, 2020 @ 15:30
    Amir Khan

Maybe, but the first thing I would try is clicking on the "content" node at the very top and clicking "Republish Entire Site", which will update the content cache.

Nov 02, 2020 @ 15:33
    Sean Davis

Yeah,

I Republished Entire Site last week, and since doing that the client has reported the issue again. They said they couldn't get the issue to disappear by doing that themselves also.

Nov 02, 2020 @ 15:36
    Amir Khan

You could certainly try rebuilding the Examine index as well, but something with those css errors on the page you're seeing tells me that maybe an install didn't complete fully or you may need to version up the client dependency?

Nov 02, 2020 @ 15:45
    Sean Davis

Can you explain further about versioning up the client dependency, what that is used for and how to do it?

Nov 02, 2020 @ 16:07
    Amir Khan

Its kind of a backoffice caching mechanism that controls a lot of how the cached files that drive the backoffice are updated.

You can update the version in config/clientdependency.config

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft