Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• LostOne 8 posts 78 karma points
    Nov 04, 2020 @ 16:10
    LostOne

Intranet - Windows authentication problem

Hi! I guess this question is more related to IIS and ASP.NET but hopefully someone here can help me. I've googled a bit but haven't found a working solution yet. I'm the developer of an Umbraco based intranet which is available from any computer using Windows authentication. In other words... If you don't have a user and password you won't be able to login. If you do you can login from any computer or mobile.

I would like the authentication/login to be automatic when you're logged into Windows on the same domain (at your computer at work)... The login prompt shouldn't show up in case you're at work. I think this should be possible using NTML. I've tried a few different configurations in IIS with Windows authentication enabled (only) and the provider NTLM on top without success.

It works with the prompt showing up all the time but shouldn't it be possible to make it not show up when you're authenticating from the same domain (computer at work)? Thankful for help!

• LostOne 8 posts 78 karma points
    Nov 05, 2020 @ 14:40
    LostOne

I found the solution myself... I had forgotten to add the site to "Site to Zone Assignment List" (1) in a GPO. Works like a charm now!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft