Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marco Ranieri {umbriaco} 21 posts 84 karma points
    Nov 08, 2020 @ 01:24
    Marco Ranieri {umbriaco}

Crops, Image Cropper, Media Type and Upload Media plus button bug

Hi,

I need your help to solve a typical images crop situation.

Let's take for example a site where you need to define 30 types of crops, I have 3 ways:

1) I create 30 crop alias inside the Image Cropper base data type. Pros: fast and working. Cons: if the editor edits the image he finds 30 differents crops

2) I create a new data type image cropper for different crops and use it into the document type. Pros: clean solution. Cons: the system doesn't put image into media section so if you want to reuse it you need to load it several times.

3) I create a new media type, with a new image cropper with few crops, create a new media type folder and manage the creation of folders and media with permissions.

es: media type: article image with few crops, article folder. Children permission on article folder: article folder and article image. Into Article document type I put an article image picker.

All nice, but there is a bug that exists from several versions: if I click to insert an image from content, the upload sidebar opens on the right and if you click on the + button to create a new folder the system create a fucking base "Folder" not "Article Folder" ignoring all permissions of custom media types =(

Thanks

• Phillip Shaw 4 posts 34 karma points
    Nov 10, 2020 @ 09:23
    Phillip Shaw

+1 to this question, was about to post the same thing and i'm glad i searched for existing issues first

Without this fixed i may need to temporarily use css to force that convenient + button in content area to not exist and make editors setup folders in media folder before uploading :(

• Marco Ranieri {umbriaco} 21 posts 84 karma points
    Nov 18, 2020 @ 00:03
    Marco Ranieri {umbriaco}

Hi Philips, that's right! on a old project we too had hidden the + link using a css inside a plugin folder! I forgot about it, moreover I don't remember why we never did it again =)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft