Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Rud 232 posts 902 karma points c-trib
    Nov 08, 2020 @ 20:17
    Martin Rud

Find nodes in which a specific node is referenced in a MNTP

I have a MNTP property "tags" on different nodes across my site tree. On this property the editors can pick from category nodes. Say I have a category node with id 1151 - then I want to query for all nodes that has this node referenced in their "tags" property.

I found something I thought was right here (https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/97468-get-and-store-values-of-a-multi-node-tree-picker-into-a-list-of-strings and https://our.umbraco.com/packages/developer-tools/umbraco-core-property-value-converters/feedback/64461-How-to-query-for-mntp-value) and made it v8 compatible (changed "GetPropertyValue" to "Value"):

var articles = Umbraco.ContentAtRoot().FirstOrDefault().Descendants()
       .Where(x => x.Value<IEnumerable<IPublishedContent>>("tags").Select(y => y.Id).Contains(1151));

But I get this error (on the second line):

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: source

Any ideas?

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Nov 09, 2020 @ 15:25
    Steve Morgan
    var articles = Umbraco.ContentAtRoot().FirstOrDefault().Descendants()
       .Where(x => x.Value<IEnumerable<IPublishedContent>>("tags") != null && x.Value<IEnumerable<IPublishedContent>>("tags").Select(y => y.Id).Contains(1151));

Check for null first.

HTH

Steve

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Nov 09, 2020 @ 15:26
    Steve Morgan

Should probably add this looks to be a quite an expensive query - you're checking all descendants here.

If this is totally necessary you might want to look at caching this.

Steve

• Martin Rud 232 posts 902 karma points c-trib
    Nov 09, 2020 @ 17:33
    Martin Rud

Yes, I guess you are right. The nodes are spread around the site tree so it is necessary.

After Descendants() I have .Where(x => x.IsDocumentType(articleType.Key)) but I guess that only helps a little.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft