Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• phil 16 posts 119 karma points
    Nov 11, 2020 @ 09:37
    phil

Moving away from Umbraco Cloud

A client has asked to move their site off Umbraco Cloud and onto a hosting server. I’ve done this is the past with little to no issues. I’ve currently got an issue with this though. I’ve moved all the files and set up the database from a export of the current cloud DB.

This issue I’m running into when I try load the site on the new server is that I hit a dependency issue with System.Web.Http. Why would I get this if it’s already in the files? What’s the best work around? Do I need to set up a local version? On trying this I just got a headache of dependency issues (as I always do with Umbraco and VS)

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Http, Version=5.2.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Http, Version=5.2.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Thanks Phil

(sorry no option to post in the Umbraco cloud section)

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Nov 11, 2020 @ 11:55
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Phil,

First of all, I am sorry to hear that your client wants to move away from Cloud.

If you write an email to us at [email protected] or get in touch in the chat of our website then we can provide you with a guide on how to move the site off Umbraco Cloud

All the best,

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft