Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• oguru 5 posts 75 karma points
    Nov 11, 2020 @ 18:49
    oguru

Failed Password Attempts not going past 3

Hi

I'm not sure why but my failed password attempts isn't going past 3 for any member. Any ideas what could be causing it? In my web config I have:

maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5"

Thanks

• Kasey Sk 6 posts 76 karma points
    Nov 12, 2020 @ 09:12
    Kasey Sk

Audit –> it will enable audit logs for user login attempt in secure log file. Deny=3 –> it will lock the user after 3 unsuccessful https://vidmate.bet/ login attempts, you can change this number as per your requirement.

Nov 12, 2020 @ 09:42
    oguru

Thanks for your reply. Is this something in Umbraco I have to change/add or within my code somewhere? I've had a google but i can't find it.

I thought it had a default value of 5 and that Umbraco dealt with that and set the locked out flag itself. I don't think that part is the problem though, it goes from 0 attempts up to 3 and then even if i put the wrong password it never goes past 3 attempts.

I'm following a course and his works as intended so i'm not sure why mine doesn't. Sorry if it's obvious, i'm quite new to Umbraco, c# and asp.net.

Nov 12, 2020 @ 09:57
    oguru

I've just noticed that if i close the localhost/stop debugging and then restart it, it can increment by 1. Then i have to repeat. Any ideas why it isn't able to increment properly with rebuilding every time?

• Renee Haas 4 posts 74 karma points
    Feb 22, 2021 @ 18:00
    Renee Haas

Were you able to resolve this issue? I am experiencing the same thing after upgrades to Umbraco 8.9.2.

• Renee Haas 4 posts 74 karma points
    Feb 24, 2021 @ 18:19
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft