Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kieran O'Dwyer 12 posts 82 karma points
    Nov 12, 2020 @ 14:05
    Kieran O'Dwyer

PureLive Model Building issue - Assemblies out of sync

I seem to be having an issue with PureLive Model Building on an Azure website were the versions of the models.generated.cs and all.generated.cs are out of sync.

The assemblies don't seem to match up so whenever I save/change a document type I get this error when I load any page:

Umbraco.Web.Mvc.ModelBindingException: Cannot bind source content type Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentModels.Homepage to model content type Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentModels.Homepage. Both view and content models are PureLive, with different versions. The application is in an unstable state and is going to be restarted. The application is restarting now.
       at Umbraco.Web.Mvc.RenderModelBinder.ThrowModelBindingException(Boolean sourceContent, Boolean modelContent, Type sourceType, Type modelType)
       at Umbraco.Web.Mvc.RenderModelBinder.BindModel(Object source, Type modelType, CultureInfo culture)
       at Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoViewPage`1.SetViewData(ViewDataDictionary viewData)
       at System.Web.Mvc.RazorView.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, Object instance)
       at System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer)
       at Umbraco.Core.Profiling.ProfilingView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResult(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass3_6.<BeginInvokeAction>b__3()
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass3_1.<BeginInvokeAction>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResultBase`1.End()
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<>c.<BeginExecuteCore>b__152_1(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<>c.<BeginExecute>b__151_2(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Controller controller)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.System.Web.Mvc.Async.IAsyncController.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c.<BeginProcessRequest>b__20_1(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState)
       at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

When I check the versions of the generated files, all.generated.cs assembly version seems to be stuck at 0.0.0.1 and the models.generated.cs is incrementing as normal. So I understand why I'm getting the error everytime but can't work out why this has happened in the first place nor do I know how to fix this..

I've even tried to manually set the assembly version of models.generated.cs to something different to all.generated.cs on a fresh install. Sometimes I get the error as expected but when I do, the versions of both files seem to sync back up and everything is working again.

I understand this is a very specific issue but any words of wisdom would be massively appreciated.

Umbraco version with the issue is 7.13.2 if that makes any difference..

Might be related to this post: https://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-8210

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft