Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• foomaniac 2 posts 22 karma points
    Nov 19, 2020 @ 16:17
    foomaniac

Invite User - Change Redirect Url following Setting a Password

Hi all,

So within my business we've just taken on ownership, maintenance and development of a solution based on top of Umbraco.

First time using Umbraco, so it's going to take some learning it seems!

The solution has a standalone bespoke Angular UI that sits on top of umbraco and it's APIs.

The Angular UI authenticates based on Umbraco user accounts. They have an issue currently where by when a user is invited, they click the link to verify, this takes them in to Umbraco to set a password, and then they just get stuck in the umbraco back end. Which is not what we want for the end users.

Is it possible to change the redirect path following a new user setting a password via the verify email link? I'm struggling to figure it out, they seem to think this used to work but I can't find anything in the solution at the moment that suggests the functionality ever did anything except this!

Much to learn it seems.

Appreciate any pointers!

• Owain Williams 479 posts 1410 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Nov 19, 2020 @ 22:08
    Owain Williams

Hi, I don't have the answer but I'm trying to workout what you are trying to do.

The email comes to the user asked them to change their password, the user clicks that links, changes their password and is it at this point you want to redirect them to somewhere else?

O.

• foomaniac 2 posts 22 karma points
    Nov 20, 2020 @ 08:39
    foomaniac

Morning Owain,

I think I'm still trying to work out what I'm trying to do! ha ha.

So what seems to be happening, was that when the business invited a new user, the user clicked the confirm invite button in the email.

They were then being asked to set a password, at which point they click save password and apparently previously, at this point they were redirected out to the client UI app.

Now currently what happens, is that upon clicking save password, they just remain within the umbraco cms admin area. Which for users who are not meant to be logging into the cms side, this isn't good.

I've just spotted that after clicking save, the url changes to mydomain.com/umbraco#/undefined

So I'm wondering if the address it tries to redirect to doesn't exist anymore, or is incorrect. The app was moved from external hosting, to on prem hosting. But what I can't figure out is what happens when the save password is clicked. Is there any kind of configuration in umbraco, or is this likely to be coded in javascript or .net?

I'm going to sit through a few tutorials now to try get a better understanding or how this all hangs together.

But if anyone can make sense of the above and have any suggestions, much appreciated!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft