Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Harish Devadiga 2 posts 72 karma points
    Nov 21, 2020 @ 01:57
    Harish Devadiga

Getting symbol loading error

Hello,

I am assigned a project which uses umbraco 7 and dotnet framework 4.6.1, I am currenty asked to update umbraco to version 8 and I am following the steps mentioned in the umbraco site . I have updated the dotnet framework to 4.7.2 and updated umbraco using nuget. The solution builds fine but when i try to run the application I get symbol loading error as below

enter image description here

Along with an exception saying: {"Could not load type 'Umbraco.Core.PropertyEditors.PropertyValueTypeAttribute' from assembly 'Umbraco.Core, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.":"Umbraco.Core.PropertyEditors.PropertyValueTypeAttribute"}

Can someone help me resolve this issue, Thank you in advance.

• Marco de Jonge 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jun 25, 2021 @ 16:18
    Marco de Jonge

Hi Harish, I'm running into the same issue. Have you managed to solve this?

Must be some v7 dependency wich is in the way in our solution, but I can't figure out which one.

• Harish Devadiga 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jun 26, 2021 @ 11:17
    Harish Devadiga

I couldn't actually fix this, had to create a fresh Umbraco 8 project. You could try some of the solutions mentioned in the comments though.

• shekhar sharma 22 posts 110 karma points
    Jun 26, 2021 @ 04:26
    shekhar sharma

Hello Harish ,

Try This..

go to Debug->Options or Tools->Options

and check Debugging->General->Suppress JIT optimization on module load (Managed only)

enter image description here

Thanks,

Shekhar

• Conklin 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jun 26, 2021 @ 10:26
    Conklin

Relative paths are supported. However, unless you always start the debugger from the same directory, you should add a drive letter or a network share before each path. Network shares are also supported.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft