Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sean Davis 13 posts 83 karma points
    Nov 23, 2020 @ 19:25
    Sean Davis

No content tree - Failed to retrieve application content tree

Getting an error that there are a bunch of other threads on however none of the fixes resolve mine:

enter image description here

It's something to do with the examine indexes and a query to the db.

• Rebuilding the examine indexes (deleting them) fixes the issue, however it just comes back later
    • The logs show sql timeout exceptions
    • I've added many indexes to my db on contentId's versionId's sortOrder

I've located a query that takes 55 sec to run, which would cause a timeout.

exec sp_executesql N'SELECT umbracoNode.id, umbracoNode.trashed, umbracoNode.parentID, umbracoNode.nodeUser, umbracoNode.level, umbracoNode.path, umbracoNode.sortOrder, umbracoNode.uniqueID, umbracoNode.text, umbracoNode.nodeObjectType, umbracoNode.createDate, COUNT(parent.parentID) as children, published.versionId as publishedVersion, latest.versionId as newestVersion, contenttype.alias, contenttype.icon, contenttype.thumbnail, contenttype.isContainer FROM umbracoNode umbracoNode INNER JOIN cmsContent content ON content.nodeId = umbracoNode.id LEFT JOIN cmsContentType contenttype ON contenttype.nodeId = content.contentType LEFT JOIN (SELECT nodeId, versionId FROM cmsDocument WHERE published = 1 GROUP BY nodeId, versionId) as published ON umbracoNode.id = published.nodeId LEFT JOIN (SELECT nodeId, versionId FROM cmsDocument WHERE newest = 1 GROUP BY nodeId, versionId) as latest ON umbracoNode.id = latest.nodeId LEFT JOIN umbracoNode parent ON parent.parentID = umbracoNode.id WHERE (umbracoNode.nodeObjectType = @0) AND ([umbracoNode].[parentID] = @1) GROUP BY umbracoNode.id, umbracoNode.trashed, umbracoNode.parentID, umbracoNode.nodeUser, umbracoNode.level, umbracoNode.path, umbracoNode.sortOrder, umbracoNode.uniqueID, umbracoNode.text, umbracoNode.nodeObjectType, umbracoNode.createDate, published.versionId, latest.versionId, contenttype.alias, contenttype.icon, contenttype.thumbnail, contenttype.isContainer ORDER BY umbracoNode.sortOrder',N'@0 nvarchar(40),@1 int',@0=N'c66ba18e-eaf3-4cff-8a22-41b16d66a972',@1=-1 ;

interesting thing is, the order by statement is what causes the query to take a long time. if i remove that the query comes back in a few seconds.

after rebuilding the examine indexes, this query executes instantly.

However, I can't really be asked to rebuild the examine indexes with how frequently this problem happens so there has to be some underlying issue

I'm not sure what to check on anymore

using umbraco 7.2.6

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft