Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rich Clarke 5 posts 75 karma points
    Nov 24, 2020 @ 10:35
    Rich Clarke

Hi, I am trying to add a login page and allow members to access specific pages in my umbraco 8 site. I am trying to follow Paul Seal's tutorial (https://codeshare.co.uk/blog/tutorial-how-to-create-member-login-and-logout-form-in-umbraco-mvc/). My very basic question: Where (and how) do i create the Login Model and member controller?

I would hugely appreciate simple steps to achieve this

Thanks

Rich

• Steve Morgan 1345 posts 4452 karma points c-trib
    Nov 24, 2020 @ 11:35
    Steve Morgan

Hi Rich,

How have you installed Umbraco? Are you using Visual Studio / Code / Cloud?

Steve

Nov 24, 2020 @ 13:12
    Rich Clarke

Hey Steve thanks for getting back to me.

I'm not using Umbraco Cloud, and have installed both using Visual Studio, and separately using Visual Studio Code (in the hope that the latter would prove simpler).

Nov 24, 2020 @ 13:50
    Steve Morgan

Then as long as you add a folder and put the code in files in there it will work.

I'd usually create a Models folder and a Controllers folder. Build and compile and it should pick up the code no problem? I tend to prefer Visual Studio just because it's what I've always used for .Net.

What problem are you having?

Nov 24, 2020 @ 14:49
    Rich Clarke

I'd usually create a Models folder and a Controllers folder.

OK great. I was reluctant to just create folders as the stuff i'd seen online suggested they were there already. Will try this. Many thanks again.

Nov 24, 2020 @ 15:20
    Steve Morgan

When you set up the solution if you select MVC or similar it will create those folders. If you have selected blank / empty (which is recommended) then you just create them.

Most people usually create a separate project for their code and keep Umbraco in it's own but to get started this way is fine.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft