Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dawn 13 posts 124 karma points
    Nov 24, 2020 @ 17:37
    Dawn

Classic asp with vbscript code in Umbraco 8.6.1 - geting error 80004005 in the code trim(request("EmailID"))

I have an umbraco 8.6.1 website. I need to add a new folder into it which is done in classic asp with vbscript code. Added the umbracoReservedPaths in the config also. Page loads, but upon form submit, i get error code 80004005. The code in that line is trim(request("EmailID")).

What else I have to add to make it working along with the Umbraco site?

• Patrick van Kemenade 101 posts 339 karma points
    Nov 24, 2020 @ 19:01
    Patrick van Kemenade

Can't see the code, does request("EmailID") have a value or can it be null ? Try Trim("" & request("EmailID")) this way a null gets converted to an empty string.

Since your getting an error message on a specific line it look to me like a syntax error which has nothing to do with Umbraco. But could be wrong ...

Nov 25, 2020 @ 04:55
    Dawn

The post is happening and there is data too. Getting error when we try to get that data using the request() functionality

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14324 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Nov 25, 2020 @ 07:10
    Marc Goodson

Hi Dawn

Ahh, classic ASP, not seen that for a while!

Perhaps this is related?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5914928/classic-asp-running-in-integrated-pipeline

would it be possible to run the classic asp site as a virtual folder with it's own app pool?

regards

Marc

Dec 02, 2020 @ 13:02
    Dawn

Yes, created separate virtual directory for the asp folder and it is working now without affecting any umbraco functionality

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft