Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hubert 9 posts 39 karma points
    Nov 24, 2020 @ 17:55
    Hubert

Hello all - nice to meet you as this is my first post on this forum.

I have following question - I've cloned (and restored) the instance from the Umbraco Cloud to my development machine. Then I wanted to move all the files to another server. When I run the server instance, it asks for Restore (and fails, probably because of firewall restriction or TLS issue)

I'm wondering why the new server instance is unable to find the already restored content?

Development machine connects to SQL CE database and its files are of course copied with all the files to the server.

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Nov 24, 2020 @ 18:06
    Amir Khan

Hi Hubert, is the "another server" another cloud server or some different kind of infrastructure?

• Patrick van Kemenade 101 posts 339 karma points
    Nov 24, 2020 @ 18:58
    Patrick van Kemenade

Just hoping that on your live website your not using a SQL CE database, these are know for not being very stable when used by multiple people at the same time and can become corrept. On a Dev machine with just 1 user things are fine.

• Hubert 9 posts 39 karma points
    Nov 25, 2020 @ 08:52
    Hubert

Yes, another server means a different machine (physically)

I was just wondering how is the instance identified - when I move/copy a regular asp.net application to any other machine it runs without any glitches...

The full picture is I have to move the site from Umbraco Cloud to an internal server, however, when I put the git cloned part on the server it's unable to communicate with Umbraco Cloud. It might be because of TLS issues or firewall - I'm trying to figure it out.

For the experiment, I just wanted to copy my local clone to see if it works on the server, but after copying to this machine, it asks for the Restore which turns me back to the starting point...

And for the database - I just wanted it to be embedded for the time of my experiment - wanted to copy all as a single piece, assuming it should work. For production I already have the SQL server instance prepared, but still, need to find a way how to clone it from the Cloud...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft