Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ludvig Boström 2 posts 72 karma points
    Nov 25, 2020 @ 10:07
    Ludvig Boström

Error after inserting form in Richtext editor in Umbraco Backoffice.

I have a problem with Umbraco Forms and i am not sure why i get this error. After som googling i have found that people have had similar problem when they have implemented an AD Connection. I have implemented an AD FS Connection to the backoffice login so it might have something to do with that.

So my problem is AFTER i have inserted a form in to a Richtext editor with macro ”insert form with theme”. This error then appears (see IMAGE 1) (A full stacktrace is at the bottom, it is divied in to 2 errors). This error only appears in the backoffice and not on the webpage.

When i click ”Close” i can still see that the form is inserted in to the Richtext editor (See IMAGE 2) AND the form also works for the end user. It can send emails and the form entrie appears under the ”Forms” tab in Umbraco backoffice.

If i debug the code it throws an error when the following code in "InsertUmbracoFormWithTheme.cshtml" renders (see IMAGE 3).

”Html.RenderAction("RenderForm", "UmbracoForms", new {formId = form, recordId = recordGuid, theme = theme, includeScripts = includeScripts });”

The code in the error box translates to ”Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'.”

Does anyone know what i should do?

IMAGE 1 IMAGE 2 IMAGE 3

Received an error from the server

--ERROR 1--

An error occured Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'.

Exception Details System.Web.HttpException: Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'.

Stacktrace

at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride) at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage) at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm) at System.Web.Mvc.Html.ChildActionExtensions.ActionHelper(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String actionName, String controllerName, RouteValueDictionary routeValues, TextWriter textWriter) at System.Web.Mvc.Html.ChildActionExtensions.RenderAction(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String actionName, String controllerName, Object routeValues) at ASP.PageViewsMacroPartialsInsertUmbracoFormWithThemecshtml.Execute() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ACON-Test\Views\MacroPartials\InsertUmbracoFormWithTheme.cshtml:line 49 at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) at Umbraco.Web.Mvc.ProfilingView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Web\Mvc\ProfilingView.cs:line 25 at Umbraco.Web.Mvc.ControllerExtensions.RenderViewResultAsString(ControllerBase controller, ViewResultBase viewResult) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Web\Mvc\ControllerExtensions.cs:line 80 at Umbraco.Web.Macros.PartialViewMacroEngine.Execute(MacroModel macro, IPublishedContent content) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Web\Macros\PartialViewMacroEngine.cs:line 98 at Umbraco.Web.Macros.MacroRenderer.<>cDisplayClass170.

--ERROR 2--

Inner Exception System.NotSupportedException: This method is not implemented or supported for users

at Umbraco.Core.Services.Implement.UserService.Umbraco.Core.Services.IMembershipMemberService

• Mark Pickard 23 posts 116 karma points
    Dec 08, 2020 @ 10:55
    Mark Pickard

If it helps I actually have been getting that exact issue as well when inserting form with Macro (I normally insert form in the page a different way). The form does render correctly but the error is not nice for an editor. I am using Umbraco 8.8.0 and Umbraco forms 8.2.0 (I think my forms is quite outdated so hopefully an upgrade will solve this)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft